About this service
Hammer testing measures the rebound of a spring-loaded mass hitting against the surface of the material in question. This rebound value can be used to determine the concrete’s compressive strength. Schmidt hammer measurements are based on an arbitrary scale ranging from 10 to 100.
Objectives in Concrete Strength & Structural Scanning
- Obtaining the overall strength of concrete can be a lot easier than you think. Using both GPR concrete scanning and Schmidt hammer testing, we can provide rapid and reliable results on the strength of your concrete.
- This can be uploaded to a report that we issue on site. We use the Schmidt hammer within the guidelines of the Australian standards.
- Schmidt hammer testing can be performed on any concrete surface – slab on ground, suspended slab, columns, footings, inverted concrete tests can also be performed.
- Structural scanning can pick up cracks and voids within the concrete plus cancerous concrete and steel corrosion.
What we cover in concrete scanning/structural testing
- Average MPA throughout investigation area
- Concrete strength
- Cancerous concrete
- Steel corrosion
Let’s get it started!